Assistant VP Treasurer
Serves as the senior officer for Treasury Operations and has overall responsibility for administering and overseeing University banking, cash management and institutional reporting. Reporting to the University’s Chief Financial Officer, this position provides leadership and oversight for the fiscal and administrative activities of Cash Management and Treasury Operations. Directs University banking activities to meet the day-to-day cash requirements of the University.
Responsible for coordinating, compiling, and reviewing the University’s banking relationships and fee structures. Responsible for managing the University’s participation in the University of Alabama System’s investment pools. Responsible for the campus’ reporting to University of Alabama Board of Trustees and the University’s reporting to Moody’s, if required.
This position has direct responsibility for Treasury Management. Plans and implements policies, procedures and systems necessary to support the cash management function at UAB. Develops strategies for continuous improvement of processes, systems, and practices to support operations. Implements systems and provide resources, support and training to the staff to ensure prudent cash management business practices. Works with other members of Financial Affairs management team to develop short and long-term division goals in support of UAB’s mission, strategic plan, and/or consistency across the division.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance and ten (10) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
• Strong managerial, team-building, motivational, and people-development skills.
• Able to facilitate collaboration and build trust with senior level personnel, constituents, staff, and third parties.
• Possess complete integrity and high sense of personal and professional ethics.
• Must be detail-oriented with ability to multitask and manage conflicting/competing priorities.
• Excellent customer relationship, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must show initiative and work effectively with minimal supervision.